[R-lang] How to handle missing data when I try to log-transform my data

Xiao He praguewatermelon@gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 10:24:57 PDT 2010

Dear R-lang users

I have a question that is, I suppose, less related to the use of R.

I have a set of self-paced reading data, and all the RTs that are below
100ms are to be discarded. What I used to do when analyzing raw data was to
replace discarded values with 0. That was all simple and easy. But I
recently started to analyze log-transformed data. An issue then arises as to
how to handle missing data. Obviously, if I replace the discarded raw data
points with 0, log transformation does not work, as it will return "-Inf"
for obvious reasons. So I would like to know what you would suggest me to do
in my case. Thank you very much in advance.

Xiao He