[R-lang] stepwise model fitting procedure in lmer

Rachel Smith r.smith@englang.arts.gla.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 16:43:20 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I wonder if anyone can help me. Apologies that my question is a basic one.

I am fitting linear mixed effects models using lmer from lme4. In the past I have carried out model fitting beginning from a saturated model and removing predictors by hand, so to speak. To make the process less time-consuming for complex models, I am keen to find out whether any stepwise selection procedures are available for use with lmer.

I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Thank you, and best regards

Rachel

---
Dr Rachel Smith
Lecturer / RCUK Academic Fellow
English Language
University of Glasgow
12 University Gardens
Glasgow G12 8QQ
United Kingdom
Rachel.Smith@glasgow.ac.uk
+44 (0)141 330 5533
http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/englishlanguage/staff/rachelsmith/ <http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/englishlanguage/staff/rachelsmith/>

I work part-time and am normally unable to respond to mail on Tuesdays