[R-lang] Re: lme4 vanished

Daniel Ezra Johnson danielezrajohnson@gmail.com
Tue May 25 19:21:43 PDT 2010

Apparently Xcode doesn't contain a Fortran compiler, but I downloaded
one from SourceForge and the installation of lme4 seems to have
worked, with only the following error message:

"ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.dylib, file was built for
unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked
(i386)
installing to /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.11/Resources/library/lme4/libs/i386"

Since this source file compiles and seems to work, it's not clear to
me why the binary is not available, but perhaps they are working on
it.

Thanks for your help,
Daniel