[R-lang] Why did I get different results when using different versions of lmer() ?

Xiao He praguewatermelon@gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 19:39:39 PDT 2010

Dear R-lang users,

I recently started using lmer() and the languageR package. Because the
latest version of lme4 package does not support MCMC sampling (error
message: MCMC sampling is *not* yet implemented in lme4_0.999375-27), so I
cannot use pvals.fnc() to obtain p-values. As a result, I decided to go back
to an older version of lme4() that does support MCMC sampling. However, I've
noticed when I tried to ran the exact data set on the two versions of lme4
packages, the results, such as t-values, SE, coefficients, I got from the
two versions of lmer() were different. I wonder if I should be concerned
about it. Thank you guys in advance

Best,
Xiao H.