[R-lang] Re: is it possible to use lmer function with a polytomous response variable?

Roger Levy rlevy@ling.ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 9 23:02:56 PDT 2010

Just a follow-up on this: it is not terribly hard to do Bayesian
multinomial logit models for unordered polytomous response variables
using JAGS and the R package rjags, once you get used to JAGS.  I have
some material covering this ground in the following draft book chapter:

   http://idiom.ucsd.edu/~rlevy/textbook/chapter_8.pdf

and I can add more information if it'd be useful.  There are some
issues that need to be worked out to deal with random slopes and
interactions, but if you're OK with random intercepts, then it's not
too bad at all.

Roger

P.S. the close timing of the two posts is because both posts had been
sitting around in the moderator-must-clear bin for a few days :-)

--

Roger Levy                      Email: rlevy@ling.ucsd.edu
Assistant Professor             Phone: 858-534-7219