[R-lang] Moving from Linux to Mac OS

Ken Williams ken.williams at thomsonreuters.com
Tue Sep 15 11:52:22 PDT 2009

I use a Mac Pro as my primary workstation, and installing R packages is a
snap.  Just "R CMD INSTALL packagefoo.tar.gz" as usual, or use the stuff
inside the R gui.

Tell her that the R gui (R.app) is really excellent, btw.

Out of the box R doesn't do special stuff to use multiple processors, but
there are various existing ways to get it to, and Grand Central Dispatch
gives me optimism that even better multiproc support is around the corner.

 -Ken