[SaDPhIG] First meeting of 2009: Mon., Jan. 12

Eric Bakovic bakovic at ling.ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 4 18:47:52 PST 2009

SaD-PhIGgers:

Happy new year! As you may recall, we'd decided at the end of last
quarter that our meetings this quarter would take place Mondays 12-1pm
in AP&M 4218 (the usual room). We also decided that we would skip the
first week (that is, tomorrow) due to late arrivals from the holidays,
the LSA this coming weekend, and so on. So our first meeting is Jan. 12.

I propose we hit the ground running with an old suggestion of Sharon's:
an OT-CC tutorial. The core of OT-CC is harmonic serialism, which is the
topic of three recent articles by McCarthy. I've posted links to the
papers and to an online poll where you can vote for the one you prefer
on our new blog: http://camba.ucsd.edu/blog/sadphig/. (The polls close
on Weds., Jan. 7, at 9pm, so vote soon -- but not often.)

See you around,

-- Eric