[R-lang] Re: analysis of acceptability judgements

Matt Goldrick matt-goldrick@northwestern.edu
Fri Oct 15 10:23:10 PDT 2010

I'm sorry for posting something a bit off-topic; this doesn't concern the
statistical analysis of acceptability, but the interpretation of such
results [specifically in the context of phonology].

2010/10/15 Kyle Gorman <kylebgorman@gmail.com>:

> There is something of a dearth of methodological discussion of
> acceptability judgements, especially in linguistics.

My forthcoming chapter in the Handbook of Phonological Theory (2nd edition)
has an extensive discussion of elicitation methodology and the cognitive
interpretation of acceptability judgement results (see Section 2.2., pp.
16-24).

http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/matt-goldrick/goldrickPsychReality.pdf

mG