[R-lang] analysis of acceptability judgements

João Veríssimo jlverissimo@fp.ul.pt
Fri Oct 15 06:47:49 PDT 2010

Dear all,

Could anyone point me in the direction of papers/chapters that discuss
the best way to analyse acceptability judgements data (with or without
random effects)?

For judgements on a scale (say, 1 to 7), I have been thinking about
ordinal logistic regression, using ordered() and lmr(). I just don't
know whether this makes sense with 7 or more categories.

For judgements made with a glider or line where participants can choose
any point, the variable is continuous. But then lm() model predictions
can be outside the scale (and I suppose variance is not constant).

Thank you for your help,

João