[R-lang] Re: Determining whether a model fits a second data set

Daniel Ezra Johnson danielezrajohnson@gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 06:05:13 PDT 2010

That's a great question. I'm jumping in without having a great answer.

1) Does anyone know if you can do something like.... deviance per
observation or something else that would be comparable across models,
maybe only at the level of "this data fits the model better than that
data".

2) I think simulations would be very useful for answering all the
questions you raise here:

> I'd like to
> be able to comment on whether the relative contributions of the
> predictors was an artifact of the data set, the particular children
> involved,  or are true more generally.

I could talk more off list about constructing such simulations but
it's not very hard.

Dan