[R-lang] GIGP - random sample? CDF?

David Reitter reitter at cmu.edu
Wed Apr 8 05:23:00 PDT 2009

I have collocation data that fits the Generalized Inverse Gaussian-
Poisson distribution quite well (via the ZipfR package).  Now I'd like
to randomly sample from such a distribution.  Does anyone know how to
do that?

For starters, I could probably do with an integral-free cumulative
distribution function for a GIGP, as that would get me 3/4 of the way
there.

(I can think of some iterative/numerical way, but that wouldn't be
very elegant - I might as well sample from the corpus data in that
case.)

Thanks
- David

--