[R-lang] any update on vowel space ellipses or IPA...?

Lngmyers lngmyers at ccu.edu.tw
Wed Feb 20 01:37:08 PST 2008

I just got a question about the vowel space ellipse code I posted way back in
June 2007, asking if I have that "finalized version" I seemed to promise:

http://www.mail-archive.com/r-lang@ling.ucsd.edu/msg00033.html

In fact I don't, partly since I wrote it for fun and don't use it in my own
research and then ... life moved on ... and partly since the very next day
Katalin Mady posted about Emu-related code for doing the same thing:

http://www.mail-archive.com/r-lang@ling.ucsd.edu/msg00034.html

But given the query, I wonder if any of the real-live phoneticians on this list
would be interested in either finalizing my code, or hacking the emu package to
make a stand-alone function of the sort I sketched out.

--
James Myers
Graduate Institute of Linguistics
Email:  Lngmyers at ccu.edu.tw