[R-lang] mixed effect multinomial regression in R?

Marco Baroni marco.baroni at unitn.it
Wed Nov 7 22:47:34 PST 2007

Dear R-Langers,

Does anybody know if R supports multinomial mixed effect regression?
(By "multinomial regression" I mean that the dependent variable is
categorical (not ordinal) and it has more than 2 levels, and the
independent variables are a hodge-podge of binary tests, numerical
variables, etc...)

[No explicit linguistic link in the question, but this is to analyze
some lexico-semantic data, and I've seen that this list features many
experts on mixed model categorical data analysis.]

Thanks.

Regards,

Marco

--