<OT> GLOW XXX (Tromsø, April 11-14): Abstracts due Nov. 1

Rutgers Optimality Archive roa at ruccs.rutgers.edu
Wed Oct 4 09:16:53 PDT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

Here's a reminder that the deadline for submitting an abstract to GLOW
XXX is November 1, 2006.

Our general session has no theme and phonology papers are of course
welcome there. There will be a minimum of one full day of phonology at
the general session. Our keynote speaker for the general session will
be Noam Chomsky. (Note that GLOW XXX coincides with the 50th
anniversary of the publication of Syntactic Structures!)

We will also have a one-day workshop in phonology, at which Keren Rice
will be our keynote speaker. The topic of this workshop is: The
structure of segment inventories.

(The conference also includes a syntax workshop on Selective Global
Comparison, and an acquisition workshop on Children's Acquisition of
Variable Word Order. Tell your friends!)

The GLOW board decided in Barcelona that authors may not submit
identical abstracts to the workshop and the general session.

Although we cannot make a firm commitment until replies to grant
applications arrive in December, we plan to subsidize speakers at the
workshop as well as speakers at the general session.

The GLOW XXX website -- which includes details about abstract
preparation and submission -- can be visited at
http://www.hum.uit.no/glow/ .

We hope you'll join us in Tromsø April 11-14 and we look forward to
seeing your abstract! (For more about Tromsø, go to
http://destinasjontromso.no/english/index.html )

Regards,

Curt
curt.rice at hum.uit.no