<OT> List Update

Rutgers Optimality Archive roa@ruccs.rutgers.edu
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:16:37 -0700

Dear Optimal Listers,

As you've undoubtedly noticed, the Optimal List has been getting more
than its fair share of spam again.  The spam-filtering software on our
server works quite well -- for every piece of spam that slips through,
5-10 others are brought to my attention for manual rejection -- but
this is still not acceptable, especially given the incredibly low
traffic on this list.

So, from now on, all postings to the Optimal List will be subject to my
approval.  This is not the ideal solution, but it's the best one we
have to work with for now.  For my part, I promise to filter anything
and everything that is not directly and relevantly addressed to members
of the Optimal List.  You can help make this easier for me by tagging
all messages you send to the list with <OT> in the subject line, as per
usual.

Best,

Eric Bakovic

*     ROA Administration    *